During the show every child gets to play a drum & experience the rhythms of Africa. With engaging African presenters the show is higly interactive with children also experiencing body percussion, vocal percussion & dance. A great fit for any school looking to experience a different culture, develop school spirit & foster an appreciation of cultural diversity. The show demonstrates the language of music and its ability to unite people regardless of race, religion or age.
- A choice of 1 hour, 2 hour or 3 hour workshop program
- Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane
- 2-3 x Musicians/Facilitators
- A captivating drumming performance
- Every Child playing a drum for the duration of the show OR having a turn on a drum & performing body & vocal percussion
- Children learn about African culture through music & movement
Did you know?
The African diaspora is well known for its drumming & distinctive music, for many of the sub saharan cultures drumming plays a prominent role at any occasion of note. Whether that be a wedding, birth, death, healing ceremony …. drums & music unite the group & help bond the people together.
Traditionally many of the cultures hava a caste or family whose role is to tell the stories of the tribe through music & dance. The ‘Griot’ (head musician) will be present all significant events & called in for healings & other situations when the welface of the group is at stake.
- 150 – 200 Students per performance for the mass participation shows
- Up to 30 students for the smaller group sessions
Early Stage 1 & Stage 1 – 30 to 45 minutes
Stage 2 & 3 (Ages 8 to 12) – 45 to 60 minutes
Stage 4, 5, 6 (Ages 12 —>) – 60 to 120 minutes
What to Wear
Usual School clothes or Loose fitting/PE clothes & sports shoes
Hall or empty classroom with enough room for the children.
For the larger shows in the hall a microphone on a stand may be helpful.
For bookings & other information contact us on
1300 189 187