This engaging high school drumming workshop provides sixty minutes of drumming & energy for groups of 120 – 200 students.
Great for Team Building, Confidence & Well Being Days. The shows are also perfect for & tailored for African, Arabian & Multicultural music study. A hands on memorable experience of polyrhythm, duration, syncopation & texture for every student.
Ideal for community building and experiencing the role everyone has to play when working together, all the voices come together to create a whole that is greater than the individual parts!
- Choice of 1 hour –> 2 hour interactive drumming workshop program
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth
- 2-3 x Musicians/Facilitators
- A captivating drumming performance
- Every student has a drum to play for the duration of the show
- Students experience rhythm, connection and choice of multicultural or music syllabus or team work focus
Did you know?
Macaque monkeys drum objects in a rhythmic way to show social dominance, research has shown this to suggest an evolutionary origin to drumming as part of social communication.
For many high school students this is a time of great change & uncertainty within them selves, amongst their peer groups and about what their future holds. During this workshop every student has a voice (their drum) and is equal, the power of the group playing together in inclusive and contagious and provides an educational experience that is of collaborative, successful and enjoyable.
Contact us on 1300 189 187 for more information or for primary school programs visit the Rhythms of the World Drumming Workshop page.
- 120 – 200 Students per workshop /performance
- Up to 30 students for the smaller drumming workshops
Stage 4 (Ages 12—> 14) – 60 minutes
Stage 5 (Ages 15 –> 16) – 60 to 75 minutes
Stage 5 (Ages 17 –> 18) – 60 to 120 minutes
What to Wear?
Usual School clothes.
Hall or empty classroom with enough room for each student to have a chair to sit upon
For the larger shows in the hall a microphone on a stand will be helpful.
For bookings & other information contact us on 1300 189 187