Technological advancements have enabled a new range of ways to connect & communicate. Online meeting platforms such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype for Business, Google Hangouts etc have made connecting from a distance available to virtually everyone.
School Music Incursions presents online workshops for:
* Primary & high school children in classroom settings and whilst at home
* Children at OOSH and Vacation Care programs
* Child Care Centre’s and Preschools
* Families & Children at home
- Rhythms of the World Drumming Workshop – Options for drums to be delivered to your school
- African Drumming Workshop – Options for drums to be delivered
- Arabian Drumming Workshop – Options for drums to be delivered
- Recycled Junk Instruments Workshops – Some Items to be collected by the participant
- Art Therapy Based Art Workshops – Some Items to be collected by the participant
- Recycled Material Puppet Making & Story Telling – Some Items to be collected by participants
- Orchestra in My Classroom – Use what in the classroom!
- Japanese Taiko Performance – Some Items to be collected by participants
- Urban Circus Workshop – Some Items to be collected by participants
- Bollywood Dance Workshop – Nothing to collect
- Capoeira Workshop – Nothing to collect
- African Dance Workshop – Nothing to collect
- Polynesian Dance Workshop – Nothing to collect
- Yoga & Meditation – Nothing to collect
- Laughter Workshop – Nothing to collect
- Mongolian Throat Singer Performance – Nothing to collect
- Garageband Workshop – Each participant needs an apple device with garageband installed
For bookings & other information contact us on 1300 189 187
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions:
Does it really work to run a workshop when the presenter is not in the room with the children?
The sessions are very hands on and engaging.
We also find that in some ways online for kids who are participating from their home is better than live because they experience the presenter up close on their screen & although there will be other kids participating from their locations it seems as though the presenter is just with them.
Are the kids actually engaged? I have seen some virtual presentations that were unispiring.
All our presenters are trained experienced performers with lots of energy.
They are used to holding an audience’s attention and in particular children’s attention.
What technology do I need?
An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
A webcam or HD webcam
Typically, we use the zoom online meeting platform – More information
How do I join the session?
After you have registered, we email the link & password to your session.
Depending upon the type of session there may be a few instructions on how to fine tune your version of zoom for the best experience
Please log into the session about 10 minutes before the start time to check the settings.
Do I need to provide anything for the session?
For some sessions such as Junk Instruments & Recycled Puppets we provide a list of items to collect. Dance workshops don’t require anything and for some sessions we post or deliver the instruments directly to you.