During the show every child gets to play a drum & experience rhythms from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Pacific. With engaging presenters the show is very interactive with children also experiencing body & vocal percussion & dance. A great fit for any school wishing to develop school spirit & foster an appreciation of cultural diversity. The show demonstrates the language of music and its ability to unite people regardless of race, religion or age.
- Choice of 1 hour, 2 hour or 3 hour workshop program
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Perth
- 2-3 x Musicians/Facilitators
- A captivating drumming performance
- Every Child playing a drum for the duration of the show OR having a turn on a drum & performing body & vocal percussion
- Children learn about their personal rhythm & rhythm in the environment
Did you know?
Macaque monkeys drum objects in a rhythmic way to show social dominance, research has shown this to suggest an evolutionary origin to drumming as part of social communication.
Many cultures around the world are known & well recognised for their distinctive expression or rhythm, whether it be the laid back nature & vocal intonations of people living in outback Australia, the fast & cutting intonations of many African cultures or the societal structures & traditions of the Japanese people.
The rhythms of the World show through performance, narrative & interaction embraces these differing rhythms & provides students with the opportunity to participate in & appreciate these rhythms through drumming.
- 150 – 200 Students per performance for the mass participation shows
- Up to 30 students for the smaller group sessions
Early Stage 1 & Stage 1 – 30 to 45 minutes
Stage 2 & 3 (Ages 8 to 12) – 45 to 60 minutes
Stage 4, 5, 6 (Ages 12 —>) – 60 to 120 minutes
What to Wear?
Usual School clothes.
Hall or empty classroom with enough room for the children.
For the larger shows in the hall a microphone on a stand will be helpful.
For bookings & other information contact us on 1300 189 187